A. Wedding Gowns Kenya (WGK) accepts publications of advertisements from clients who wish to hire out or sell preowned gowns on the terms and conditions set out below:
- Materials for advertisement are provided by the client. The advertiser (WGK) reserves the right to edit the content within acceptable limits; provided the original message is not lost in the process
- By submitting a gown to be advertised on WGK, the client accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms in full.
- WGK may , without any responsibility to the advertiser, reject, cancel or require any advertisement to be amended if we consider it to be unsuitable or contrary to these Terms, and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. WGK may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising on the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
- The cancellation period for an Advertisement varies according to the publication. The minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 30 days unless agreed otherwise. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice.
B. Client/advertiser Obligations
The client guarantees to WGK that:
- Any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading
- They have obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement
- The Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice
- All Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website
- The Advertiser grants WGK the right (free of charge) to use such details as the Advertiser’s names, trade marks and/or logos as WGK may consider necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements
- The product being advertised is in good condition and is legally owned by the client
- The client will be willing to meet a prospective buyer and show-case the product to them without imposing unnecessary conditions.
C. Acceptance of advertisements
- Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with WGK and the Advertiser will compensate WGK for any claim made by such advertiser against WGK.
- All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the applicable rates set out in the applicable rate card on the date of publication. WGK may change its rates at any time by publishing the modified rates. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
- WGK agrees that all Advertisements will be targeted at individuals in the Kenya unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
D. WGK guarantees to the client that:
- Any landing page and/or destination site linked to from the Advertisement (“Advertiser’s Site”) will (i) be legal, decent, honest and truthful, (ii) not be contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice
- Its service providers will only use any Advertiser Data solely in relation to the Advertiser’s particular advertising campaign. All such Advertiser Data collected by WGK will be treated as the confidential information of the Advertiser and will not be disclosed to any third party (other than WGK’s service providers for the purpose of WGK complying with its obligations under these Terms) without the consent of the Advertiser. In no event will any Advertiser Data be combined with information collected from other sources, except where the Advertiser has agreed otherwise.
- WGK will not be responsible for any additions to, changes in, deletions from, delays in publication or withdrawal of any Advertisements required by any authority having responsibility for the regulation of online advertising.
- If the Advertisement as reproduced by WGK contains a substantial error solely due to a mistake on WGK’s part, WGK shall, on request, re-publish the Advertisement at no additional cost to the Advertiser. WGK shall not be responsible for repetition of errors and it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to inform WGK of any errors and provide any necessary assistance to WGK to prevent a repeat of the error.
- In respect of Advertisements on the Website, WGK does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of the Websites but will use reasonable efforts to provide this
The client/advertiser agrees that:
- A 10% commission shall be deducted from the total cost of the product upon successful sale of the same
- The commission shall be deducted at the source, and WGK shall send the client the balance
- All payments shall be received and processed by WGK, with Mpesa remaining the main mode of payment
- WGK shall exercise integrity and utmost honesty when handling payments made via its paybill number
- WGK will not be liable in the event of fraud committed by the client or by a third party who gains access to the client’s mobile phone number
- No fees shall be levied by the client for viewing of the product prior to the purchase
WGK reserves the right to change/modify these terms and conditions without prior notice to would-be advertisers and buyers.